Sunday, July 8, 2012

The No-Habit Life


A child walks by faith because he knows no different and his life depends on it (so does ours!). We need to sit loosely on our days and leave wide margins.
For it is written: “Give your entire attention to what Go is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard times come up when the time comes.” Matt 7:12
We are taught the opposite - to plan, to take control of our lives, to be responsible for the outcome, so that we may be successful in our endeavors, make something out of our lives, leave our mark, be remembered, etc. Let’s call it what it is: Hogwash! Because we do not leave the control of the outcome where it belongs. “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”   Jer 29:11
This is not saying that we do not study or work hard, but our origin, our beginning, often does not stay with us. We listen to all the other voices and forsake the only true Guide we have! “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”
Prov 3:5. These words are written for our good, our peace, and no matter the times in which we are living. The key to a life that is not stressed or affected by this chaotic world is one that is grounded on and devoted to Christ Jesus. If we confess He is our Lord and Savior, then we must ask ourselves the haunting questions, ‘why am I not living like that? Where is my peace?’ We know, for it is written, “My peace I leave with you”. Our problem is that we think we know what’s best for us and for our loved ones and we set out to see that it become reality and like the song goes “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen, nobody knows my sorrow”. Our Father knows for ‘His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.’ Our problem is that we become distracted, and then when we find ourselves in deep water we cry out for a lifesaver of His truth. God wants the relationship! Do we? Do we get up each morning looking forward to walking with our Lord, knowing full well that He will direct our paths? “And He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own”. Our Father wants for us to have this! He longs for us to have this, just as a child longs for the attention of a parent. Let a parent get on the phone and you will see what I mean here. A child will act out in any way to get that parent off the phone and their attention back on them. God is not going to act out to get us to walk with Him, He doesn’t have to. Anything apart from Him will end in death. It is so humbling to know that I have been saved; Jesus came and paid the price so I may grab my Daddy’s hand and walk with Him each and every day! Yes, I get distracted. Yes, I need reminders and I know I am not alone and for this reason I write. Because I know the joy of grabbing my Father’s hand and the joy of being His child, my heart longs for my Father just as a child longs for his parent. He knows the plans He has for me and I need not be dismayed.
Jesus made sure I have my Daddy and to Him I owe my all. Every day, every endeavor.
Sit loosely on your day, leave wide margins.
Father, we are your children each and every day, let us rejoice and walk with You and I see a revival of Your children walking by faith. May the world be set ablaze with Your love. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Love to all in Christ Jesus    c  : )

No comments: